News & Media


Montoya: Extension with EGR near completion

August 06, 2011, Sporting News Wire Service, NASCAR.com

LONG POND, Pa. -- Juan Montoya has agreed to return to Earnhardt Ganassi Racing next season, with only minor details of his contract still to be settled, the driver of the No. 42 Chevrolet said Saturday at Pocono Raceway.

"I think it's pretty much done -- it's all agreed and everything," Montoya said before Saturday morning's qualifying session at the 2.5-mile track. "Just little bits and pieces. I'd say a couple weeks, max."

In his fifth season in Sprint Cup racing, Montoya currently is 20th in the Cup standings through 20 races. Montoya, 35, has two Cup victories to his credit -- at Sonoma in 2007 and at Watkins Glen last year -- and qualified for the Chase in 2009.