BUY TICKETS: See the Daytona 500 live!
NASCAR's extensive history spans all the way back to its founding in 1948. Over the course of those nearly 69 years, plenty of races -- from the first starts on Daytona Beach sand to today's modern speedways -- have taken place.
In that time, a colorful blend of pioneers and superstars have etched their names into NASCAR's record books. Some all-time milestones may never be repeated while still other categories await new benchmarks to be written.
• All-time wins: 200 by Richard Petty. | See more
• All-time pole positions: 123 by Richard Petty.
• Most series championships: 7 by Dale Earnhardt, Jimmie Johnson and Richard Petty.
• Most road-course wins: 9 by Jeff Gordon. | See more
• Most restrictor-plate wins: 12 by Jeff Gordon. | See more
• Most wins on dirt: 42 by Lee Petty. | See more
• All-time best winning percentage: 21.05 percent by Herb Thomas (48 wins in 228 career starts)
• All-time best average finish, career: 7.602 by Lee Petty.
• All-time best average starting position, career: 4.874 by Dick Hutcherson.
• All-time most laps completed: 307,836 by Richard Petty.
• All-time most laps led: 51,406 by Richard Petty.
• All-time lead-lap finishes: 588 by Jeff Gordon.
• Most all-time wins by car number: 209 by cars carrying No. 11. | See more