The cockpit of a racecar has dozens of components, ranging from the steering wheel to a fire extinguisher. There are a few features that are more important than others.
1) Main Switch Panel: This contains switches for the starter, ignition and cooling fans.
2) Tachometer: Tells a driver how fast they are going.
3) Master Switch: Shuts down the electrical system in the case of an emergency.
4) Ignition Kill Switch: Shuts off the engine in case of an emergency.
5) Radio Button: Controls communications to crew in the pits and spotter.
6) Fire Extinguisher Switch: Discharges fire-suppressing chemicals into the driving compartment.
Other items include: rear view mirror, window net, HANS device and a special safety seat.