NASCAR Championship Weekend 2022 Sweepstakes Official Rules
To enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC, International Motorsports Center, One Daytona Boulevard, Daytona Beach FL 32114, is the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes ("NASCAR" or “Sponsor”).
3. Promotional Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 29, 2021, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2021 (the “Promotional Period”). The server hosting the Sweepstakes Website is the official time clock for the Sweepstakes.
4. Sweepstakes Entry: No Purchase Necessary.: During the Promotional Period, participants may enter online at https://www.nascar.com/2022championship . Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address per day. For purposes of this limit, each day begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET for each calendar day of the Promotional Period. Additional entries by the same person/e-mail address in a single day will be disqualified. Entrants may only use one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes regardless of how many email addresses they may have. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Incomplete or garbled entries will be disqualified. If you enter using a mobile device, standard data rates may apply from your carrier.
5. Random Drawing/Odds of Winning: One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected by Administrator on or about January 15, 2022, from among all eligible entries received during the entire Promotional Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
6. Winner Notification: Administrator will notify potential winner by e-mail at the e-mail address provided in the entry within three (3) business days following the drawing. Potential winner must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release and an IRS W-9 form within seven (7) days of receipt to claim the prize. If an e-mail notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not return the signed documentation to claim the prize within the designated time period, or if a potential winner is determined to be ineligible, or not to be in compliance with these Official Rules, or if a potential winner declines the prize or is unable to accept the prize for any reason, then such potential winner will be disqualified, the prize forfeited, and an alternate winner selected and notified in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor, the Released Parties (as defined in Section 8), and Administrator are not responsible for an e-mail notification being sent to a spam folder or otherwise not being received by a potential winner for any reason. Participants are solely responsible for checking their e-mails and spam folders for notifications, which will come from a >csm.com< e-mail address. If a potential prize winner is disqualified during the confirmation process for any reason, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Guest of winner must complete, sign and return a liability release and a publicity release (where legal) no later than October 1, 2022, prior to issuance of race tickets and passes. If no guest release is provided by the deadline, winner will not be able to use the guest ticket and passes. If a prize is forfeited for any reason after the prize has already been confirmed and awarded, then no alternate winner will be selected.
7. Prize, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"):
One (1) winner will receive a trip for two to the NASCAR Cup Series 2022 Championship Weekend at Phoenix Raceway, during the weekend of November 6, 2022. Prize includes tickets for winner and guest to the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race on November 6, 2022 (“Race”), including grandstand passes, FanShield Infield Experience Passes, and event parking, and a check payable to the winner in the amount of $2550 to cover travel expenses for winner and guest. Approximate retail value of the prize trip is $4,850.00.
All tickets and passes are subject to the policies and procedures established by NASCAR® and the Phoenix Raceway.
Prize winner and guest are solely responsible for arranging and paying for all travel, accommodations, transportation, meals, and other logistics for attending the Race in Phoenix, including any costs in excess of the $2550 provided in the prize. No substitution of prize is permitted except that Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason, or where required by law. Prize may not be transferred. Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If a prize winner cannot accept prize as stated, prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Federal, state and local taxes on the prize (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will issue a 1099 Tax Form in the amount of $4,850.00 to winner at the appropriate time. The check portion of the prize will be sent via courier to the address provided by the winner in the confirmation documents within six to eight weeks following confirmation. Race tickets, FanShield Infield Experience Passes and parking pass will be sent via courier to the address provided by winner approximately four weeks prior to the Race.
Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining and traveling with photo identification and any other documentation required for travel. Winner and guest must comply with all policies, including public health policies, of NASCAR®, Phoenix Raceway, applicable hotel and airline companies, local governmental bodies in Phoenix, AZ, and any other relevant policy-making body. The Released Parties are not liable or responsible for any expenses incurred or any inability to use any aspect of the prize resulting from winner’s or guest’s failure to comply with any applicable policy. The Released Parties are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. There shall be no compensation or prize substitution if winner and/or guest are unable to take scheduled trip or attend the Race by reason of illness, family emergency, personal events, terrorism, labor strikes, weather, pandemic or other acts beyond Sponsor’s control. There shall be no compensation or prize substitution if any or all of the NASCAR Cup Series 2022 Championship Race is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason.
8. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless NASCAR, LLC, JHE Production, LLC, each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, members, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors and assigns (collectively and individually, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes related activity, and/or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winner authorizes the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to their authority to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, audio/video footage, statements, biographical data and city and state of residence in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including on the World Wide Web and Internet, in perpetuity, at any time or times, in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winner's list (if applicable) without additional compensation or notice, review or approval and waives his/her moral rights therein if any. Released Parties are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at their sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including selecting a winner from among any eligible entries that are not affected by the corruption. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on . Released Parties are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted entries, or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer or mobile equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic submitted answer to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, misdelivered, mutilated, or garbled mail or e-mail. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address provided in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, Online Service Provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Participants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, ADMINISTRATOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, an individual participating in Sweepstakes agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida or an appropriate Florida State Court of competent jurisdiction in Volusia County, Florida, and participant expressly agrees to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of such court and waives any right of change of venue or like right; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees or legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will such individual be permitted to obtain awards for, and he/she hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an individual participating in Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
10. Winner's List: For the name of the winner, mail a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to NASCAR Championship Weekend 2022 Sweepstakes Winner, JHE Production LLC, 6427 Saddle Creek Ct., Harrisburg, North Carolina 28075, no later than January 31, 2022. Allow 6-8 weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes or list request, whichever is later, for delivery of list.
NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC. All other trademarks and other intellectual property are used under license from their respective owners.