NASCAR.COM Privacy Statement
Last updated: 10/31/19
NASCAR.COM PRIVACY STATEMENT
What’s New in the Updated Privacy Statement?
- We've corrected hyperlinks.
- We've updated to ensure consistency between information in the Quick Link Chart and information in the body of the Privacy Statement.
NASCAR Digital Media, LLC (“NDM”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates the websites and mobile apps where this Privacy Statement is displayed (the sites and apps collectively “NASCAR.COM”). NASCAR.COM is a general audience platform and includes websites (including subdomains) and associated applications and digital services (such as mobile and other device applications), and other associated offerings that are owned, offered or operated by or on behalf of NDM. NDM’s Privacy Office can be reached at email@example.com. Your privacy is important to us. As such, we provide this Privacy Statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at NASCAR.COM. Please be advised that the practices described in this Privacy Statement apply only to information gathered through and in connection with NASCAR.COM. This privacy statement does not necessarily reflect our practices for the NASCAR.COM Superstore. Please see the NASCAR.COM Superstore's Privacy Notice for information about its privacy policies.
To read our Privacy Statement highlights, click here.
To read our full Privacy Statement, click here.
To read our Cookie Notice, click here.
To opt-out of the collection of data for interest-based advertising from NASCAR.COM click here.
|The Information We Collect||
§ Information you provide to us, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and date of birth
§ IP address
§ Device type and settings
§ Device identifiers
§ Browser type and settings
§ Operating system, Internet service provider, and mobile network providers
§ Usage information, such as the time and date of your visits and the content and advertisements you have accessed, clicked on, or interacted with
When you engage with our content on social media services and other third-party sites and platforms, we also receive information about your interaction with that content (e.g. what you viewed and the advertisements displayed), as well as any profile information you choose to give us access to.
|How We Use the Information We Collect||
We use information that we receive and collect for our legitimate business purposes, including to:
§ Communicate with you about NASCAR.COM, including to respond to your inquiries, requests or comments, and provide technical support
§ Inform you about products and services that you may be interested in, including third-party products and services
§ Enforce legal terms related to NASCAR.COM and to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities
§ Serve you customized ads based on information gathered about you during your visits to NASCAR.COM and other online or mobile sites and applications
§ Improve our products, services, and NASCAR.COM
|How We Share and Disclose Your Information||
We may share your Information with:
§ Our Partners (e.g., payment processors, email service providers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, analytics/reporting vendors, and cloud service providers)
§ Third parties in response to legal orders or in order to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities
§ NDM affiliates to enable them to communicate with you about their, or their marketing partners’, products, platforms, and services
§ Advertisers that wish to market their own products and services to you
§ In the event NDM undergoes a business transition (e.g., if we are sold to or merge with another entity)
|How Long Do We Retain Your Information?||
We will retain Information collected through NASCAR.COM for the period necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purposes or uses outlined in this Privacy Statement.
NDM does not currently respond to do not track signals.
|What Are Your Rights and Choices?||
You always have the right to opt out of having your Information shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
If you are in the European Union, you also have the right to:
|Your California Privacy Rights||
In the United States, California residents have the right to request and obtain a list of the third parties, if any, to which personal information (as defined by California law) has been disclosed for their direct marketing purposes. California residents also have the right to opt out of having their personal information shared for direct marketing purposes.
|International Collection of Information||
We collect and receive personal data from inside and outside of the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect is processed in the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We put safeguards in place to protect your Information when we process it outside of the country from which it was collected.
|Third Party Sites and Linked Services||
NDM’s Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by third-parties. If you click on links that are owned or controlled by third parties, you will be subject to that party’s policies.
NDM has established reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, loss, disclosure, modification or destruction of the information we collect, but the Internet is not 100% secure.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, and do not create user segments targeted to, children under 13 years of age.
|How to Contact Us||
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send written correspondence to:
NASCAR.COM/NASCAR Digital Media, LLC
One Daytona Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Updates to our Privacy Statement will be posted to NASCAR.COM or may be communicated to you in other ways as required by applicable law.
The Information We Collect
We receive information about you that you provide to us directly, such as personal information you provide when you visit NASCAR.COM, and information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device. In this Privacy Statement, we refer to all of this as the “Information.”
Information You Provide to Us. At NASCAR.COM, you can register, order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters or text message alerts, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of Information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and date of birth.
Certain features on NASCAR.COM also allow you to submit Information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. This Information may include, for instance, a recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We, and our “Partners” which include our third party service providers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, analytics/reporting vendors, platform and infrastructure monitoring vendors, and cloud service providers use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access NASCAR.COM. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected Information may include:
- network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers
- mobile network
- device identifiers (such as Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID)
- device settings and browser settings
- the date and time of your visit to NASCAR.COM
- which NASCAR.COM pages you have visited and which sites you visited before and after you visit NASCAR.COM
- the type of handheld or mobile device you used to view NASCAR.COM (e.g., iOS, Android)
- the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
When we interact with you through our content on third party websites, applications, integrations or platforms, we obtain any information regarding your interaction with that content, such as content you have viewed, your game performance, high scores, and information about advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We, along with our Partners, use your Information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- to communicate with you about NASCAR.COM, such as to fulfill a request or order by you, or to contact you about your account with us
- to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications
- to respond to your inquiries and notify you if you have won one of our contests
- to inform you about products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you, including those offered by third parties
- to provide technical support for NASCAR.COM
- to investigate and prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement or fraud related to a contest) on or through NASCAR.COM
- to protect the safety of our users and the security of our platforms
- to serve you customized or personalized ads, offers and content based on your visits to and/or usage of NASCAR.COM or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and to analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them
- to perform analysis regarding how you use NASCAR.COM or any part thereof
- to send gifts, cards, invitations or emails if you use these services, to your designated recipients
- to improve our products, services and NASCAR.com
- as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time
When we have your consent to do so, we also use information from your social media account to:
- give you exclusive content
- personalize your online experience with us within and outside our applications or websites
- contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and
- enable you to share your experience and content via social media services.
From time to time, we enhance the Information we collect from you with other information that we obtain from third party sources.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We share or disclose your Information as follows:
- To Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. Each such Partner is contractually obligated to provide services to us in a manner consistent with this privacy statement. Our Partners use your Information to provide us with the following services:
o conduct research and analytics
o create content
o provide customer, technical or operational support
o conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms)
o fulfill orders and user requests
o handle payments
o host NASCAR.COM, forums and online communities
o administer contests
o maintain databases
o send or support online or mobile advertising, and
o otherwise support NASCAR.COM.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request, or where we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is legally necessary.
- If we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way, we will transfer some or all of your Information as part of that transaction. .
- With affiliates, so they can provide, improve and communicate with you about their own, or their marketing partners’, products, platforms, and services.
- We share your email or mailing address with our advertising partners (including e. magazine publishers, retailers, non-profit organizations, and their advertising agencies and marketers) that wish to market their own products or services to you. If you wish to opt out from such sharing, please visit the Opting Out of Marketing Communications section below for further instructions.
- In addition, we disclose Information that identifies your mobile device, telecommunications carrier and information regarding your access/use of NASCAR.COM mobile applications to NASCAR’s wireless communications partner. Our wireless communications partner may use this information to market their services to you. If you wish to opt out from such sharing, please visit the Opting Out of Marketing Communications section below for further instructions.
Co-Sponsored Content. Please note that NASCAR.COM may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications, or social network integrations) that is co-sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain information directly from you when you access such co-sponsored or co-branded content on NASCAR.COM. We have no control over these third parties’ use of this information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We retain your Information for the period necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purposes or uses outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by applicable data protection law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
Cookies. We use "cookies", “web beacons” or other common tracking technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences.
Synching Cookies and Identifiers. We may work with our Partners (for instance, third party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partner’s uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.
Locally Stored Objects. NASCAR.COM may employ locally stored objects (“LSOs”) and other client side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember your settings, preferences and usage, similar to browser cookies, or in order to target or help our Partners target ads, analyze ads performance, or perform user, website or market analytics. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe's website. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with NASCAR.COM. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising and your choices for opting out of this type of advertising, please go to Opting Out: Your Ad Choices.
Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use "web beacons" or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email from us. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers, publisher-facing, or app developer platforms that use mobile Software Development Kits ("SDKs"), or use an SDK with a mobile app that we offer, to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and Information connected to how mobile devices interact with NASCAR.COM products and services and those using NASCAR.COM. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a web beacon (see "Web Beacons" above). The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed. We may use this technology to deliver or help our Partners deliver certain tailored advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you'd like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in Opting Out: Your Ad Choices.
Third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit NASCAR.COM, and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different devices, websites or applications when you use NASCAR.COM. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
Sometimes, we may associate cookies with the Information, including de-identified, “hashed,” or anonymous versions of Information you have provided (such as during registration), in order to send or help our Partners send ads and offers based on your presumed interests or demographic information.
Opting Out: Your Ad Choices To learn about online interest-based advertising and your choices related to interest-based advertising, please visit:
- For United States visitors: the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") at the Ad Choices site
- For European Union visitors: the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”) at the EDAA site
- We also allow our European Union visitors to opt out of interest-based advertising on NASCAR.com via our consent manager
The tools provided on the DAA opt-out page and the EDAA site are provided by third parties, not NDM. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
PLEASE NOTE: Certain choices you make through these platforms may be browser-specific or device-specific. If you erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers), or use a new or different computer, you may need to opt out again.
We sometimes utilize Adobe technology to customize advertising you may see on our site or third-party sites. These “flash cookies” cannot be controlled through browser settings, but you can opt out of the receipt of targeted advertising utilizing Adobe technology by clicking here.
When using a mobile application you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. In addition, each operating system (iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
At this time NASCAR.COM does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
What Are Your Rights and Choices?
Your right to make informed decisions about information collection is important to NDM.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications. Please note that you always have the right to opt out of having your Information shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes. To stop receiving advertising e-mails, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in any advertising e-mail we send you (you will still receive transactional e-mails). To stop receiving text messages, reply “STOP” to any message.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or if you would like to opt out from our sharing of your Information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com. Please know that in order for us to respond to your request we may require that you verify your identity. NDM is based in the United States and our products are offered in English. Requests submitted in another language will require translation.
California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights. In the United States, California residents have the right to request and obtain a list of the third parties, if any, to which personal information (as defined by California law) has been disclosed for their direct marketing purposes. California residents also have the right to opt out of having their personal information shared for direct marketing purposes.
Your European Privacy Rights. Please note that if you are in the European Union or the European Economic Area, you also have the right to:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of your Information in NASCAR’s database
- verify the origin and accuracy of your Information
- request that we correct, update, amend, delete, or transform your Information into anonymous form
- provide you information about how we use your Information
- oppose the processing of your Information on legitimate grounds
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
International Collection of Information
We collect and receive personal data from inside and outside of the United States.
If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect is processed in the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We put safeguards in place to protect your Information when we process it outside of the country from which it was collected.
Third Party Sites and Linked Services
NASCAR.COM may contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms not owned or controlled by us, whose information practices may be different than ours. This privacy statement does not apply to any information collected by third-party sites or integrated services providers. You should consult the other sites' privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
The Internet is not 100% secure. Although we take reasonable measures designed to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Information, we cannot guarantee that your Information will never be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy statement.
We do not knowingly collect Information from, and do not create user segments targeted to, children under 13 years of age. If you believe your child or someone else has provided NDM with Information about your child and you would like to have the Information removed, please contact us, and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about NDM’s privacy statement, you may contact us at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can send correspondence to the following address:
NASCAR.COM/NASCAR Digital Media, LLC
Legal Department – NDM’s Privacy Office
One Daytona Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
From time to time, we may update this privacy statement. We will notify you about material changes by prominently posting a notice on our site or otherwise as required by law. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this statement so that you always will know what information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
Previous Privacy Statement, Updated December 19, 2018
© 2019 NASCAR Digital Media, LLC