All-star team for the All-Star Race
By NASCAR.com staff | Wednesday, May 15, 2019
1 of 5
1. Davey AllisonThe NASCAR Hall of Famer put on one of the most memorable All-Star races in 1992. Allison, after battling with Dale Earnhardt and Kyle Petty, crossed the start/finish line first, earning the $1 million purse. Petty and Allison made contact in the final moments, however, sending Allison's No. 28 into the frontstretch wall. He spent the night in the hospital, recovering, instead of celebrating in Victory Lane with his team. Allison also won in 1991.
2 of 5
2. Bill ElliottAlthough the Georgia native only has one All-Star Race win (1986) he dominated the event over a span of 18 races. He has topped the most circuits at the annual All-Star race with 267 laps led and holds six top fives, 13 tops 10s. His five pole awards puts him atop this category, as well.
3 of 5
3. Dale EarnhardtIs there a race in which the 'Intimidator' was not successful? Three wins, nine top-five finishes, 12 top-10 results and one pole position puts Earnhardt on our all-star list.
4 of 5
4. Jeff GordonThe four-time premier series champ ties Earnhardt with three All-Star wins. Perhaps his 2001 win is the most memorable with Gordon crossing the start/finish line .701 seconds ahead of Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett.
5 of 5
5. Jimmie JohnsonNo all-star list is complete without seven-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion, Jimmie Johnson. The Hendrick Motorsports wheelman is the winningest driver in the event with four victories. He also holds 11 top 10s in just 17 showings.