NASCAR and iRacing have announced the launch of the first-ever esports competition focused on attracting and identifying young talent on a virtual platform.
The eNASCAR Ignite Series will serve as the official racing league aimed at growing NASCAR’s evolving prominence in the esports landscape. The series will establish a credible entry point into real-world racing for young, diverse audiences for a reduced cost.
For $99, new iRacing members will have all the resources needed to compete in the new youth series on iRacing’s ultra-realistic simulation software and begin their journey from virtual to reality.
The 13-race eNASCAR Ignite Series kicks off on June 20. An eight-race regular season will be open to all participants, while 50 participants accumulating the most points over the regular season will qualify to compete in the four-race playoff and a championship finale at the virtual Martinsville Speedway.
Below is the full schedule for the inaugural 2018 season:
8-race Qualifier (multiple splits across various time zones)
- 6/20: Charlotte Motor Speedway – Legends Oval – 50 laps
- 6/27: Thompson Speedway – 35 laps
- 7/11: South Boston Speedway – 40 laps
- 7/18: Atlanta Motor Speedway – Legends Oval – 50 laps
- 7/25: Brands Hatch – R/C (Indy Circuit) – 10 laps
- 8/1: Las Vegas Motor Speedway – Bullring – 40 laps
- 8/8: Myrtle Beach Speedway – 35 laps
- 8/15: Langley – 35 laps
Playoffs (Saturday 1pm ET. Top 50 from 8-week qualifier advance. Heat racing. Broadcast, TBD)
- 8/25: New Smyrna Speedway (30-laps)
- 9/1: Irwindale Speedway (30-laps)
- 9/15: Texas Short Track B – (30-laps)
- 9/22: Stafford Motor Speedway (30-laps)
Finals Heat Format (Saturday 1pm ET. Broadcast, TBD)
- 9/29: Martinsville
- 30 Entries
- 10 Minute Practice
- (3) 10 lap heat races (10 cars each heat)
- Top 4 of each heat transfer to the A Main
- Last Chance Qualifier: 12 laps (18 cars)
- Top 4 from LCQ Transfer to A Main
- A-Main Feature – 16 Cars – 30 Laps
- Yellows on for A Main only. Double file restarts.
- After 3 Yellows, race defaults to single file restarts.
For more information regarding the eNASCAR Ignite Series, please visit iracing.com/nascarignite.