The 12-driver NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs field is set after Friday night’s regular-season finale at Bristol Motor Speedway.
AJ Allmendinger sealed the regular-season championship over defending series champion Austin Cindric by battling Cindric to the line for the win at Bristol, earning 15 extra playoff points heading into the postseason. The No. 16 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet driver earned four victories in the regular season, which included Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Michigan International Speedway and Bristol.
Below are the 12 drivers who make up the 2021 Xfinity Series Playoffs and their seeding:
- 1. Austin Cindric, No. 22 Team Penske Ford (five wins): 2044 points
- 2. AJ Allmendinger, No. 16 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet (four wins): 2044 points
- 3. Justin Allgaier, No. 7 JR Motorsports Chevrolet (two wins): 2020 points
- 4. Noah Gragson, No. 9 JR Motorsports Chevrolet (two wins): 2017 points
- 5. Justin Haley, No. 11 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet (one win): 2015 points
- 6. Daniel Hemric, No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota (on points): 2014 points
- 7. Jeb Burton, No. 10 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet (one win): 2009 points
- 8. Harrison Burton, No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota (on points): 2008 points
- 9. Myatt Snider, No. 2 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet (one win): 2005 points
- 10. Brandon Jones, No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota (on points): 2003 points
- 11. Riley Herbst, No. 98 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford (on points): 2001 points
- 12. Jeremy Clements, No. 51 Jeremy Clements Racing Chevrolet (on points): 2000 points
The seven-race playoff stretch kick off on Sept. 25 with the Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN/NBC Sports App, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
The format includes three rounds. The Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval (Oct. 9) serves as the Round of 12 elimination race when the playoff field dwindles down to eight drivers. An additional four drivers will be eliminated after the Round of 8 finale at Martinsville Speedway (Oct. 30) and the Championship 4 field will be set for the season finale at Phoenix Raceway (Nov. 6).