DARLINGTON, S.C. — Four NASCAR Cup Series teams failed pre-qualifying inspection twice Friday, leading to a crew member ejection and the loss of pit-stall selection for each team at Darlington Raceway.
RELATED: Weekend schedule
The following teams each lost their car chief and pit selection for Sunday’s Goodyear 400 (3:30 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN, SiriusXM):
• No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford for driver Kevin Harvick
• No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet of Kyle Larson
• No. 34 Front Row Motorsports Ford of Michael McDowell
• No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet of Alex Bowman
Update from Sunday: The following teams will have to drop to the rear prior to the start of the race.
• No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford for driver Kevin Harvick (no qualifying time and unapproved adjustments)
• No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet for driver Chase Elliott (backup car)
• No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota for driver Denny Hamlin (unapproved adjustments)
• No. 78 Live Fast Motorsports Ford for driver BJ McLeod (no qualifying time and unapproved adjustments)
Cup Series cars did not take to the track Friday, but the garage was open for inspection. There were no three-time failures in the inspection process, which was interrupted by late-afternoon rain showers.
Cup Series practice is scheduled Saturday at 10:30 a.m. ET, with Busch Light Pole Qualifying to follow at 11:05 a.m. ET (FS1, MRN, SiriusXM).