Next year’s NASCAR Mexico Series race at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is taking shape, with eligibility requirements for the race revealed Wednesday.
The field, which will take on the legendary venue Feb. 4, 2024, will be set based on these parameters:
– Top 10 drivers in regular-season points standings following the race at El Dorado Speedway (Sept. 23).
– Top six drivers in the NASCAR Mexico Challenge Series following the race at El Dorado Speedway (Sept. 23).
– Two Championship Provisional drivers, awarded to the most recent NASCAR Mexico champions not eligible based on driver points.
– One driver via fan vote, with eligibility coming from the rest of the field behind the cutoff in both divisions. Vote to be held for Mexico residents only.
– One guest driver, who will be announced at a later date.
Seven drivers have already punched their tickets to Los Angeles next February. These drivers are Rubén García Jr., Salvador de Alba, Germán Quiroga, Andres Pérez de Lara, Max Gutiérrez, Alex De Alba (Challenge Series) and Ruben Rovelo (Championship Provisional 1).