The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs start now — and it’s all on the line. Sixteen drivers begin their march to Miami on Sunday, but only four will get there intact.
Ten races separate one of these 16 from the best prize in all of motorsports: a Cup championship.
This year’s playoff field has a trio of drivers who have dominated the competition throughout the regular season … but who have looked more human in recent weeks … a driver going for a record eighth championship … who hasn’t won yet this year … and a bevy of talented young drivers itching to break through as title contenders … if they can withstand the pressure.
It’s the NASCAR Playoffs.
Get a deep, detailed preview of the postseason with the below coverage from NASCAR.com. It begins today at 3 p.m. ET at Las Vegas (NBCSN/NBC Sports App, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio).
• No driver enters the playoffs at Las Vegas with more momentum than Brad Keselowski. Two wins in a row for the Team Penske driver makes him a title threat. | READ MORE
• Kevin Harvick is known for stirring the pot, which he did again on our live Playoffs Show. His comment? Joey Logano would have won the championship in 2015 if he hadn’t spun Matt Kenseth at Kansas. Will the words have any carryover? | READ MORE
• The most comprehensive Round of 16 preview you’ll read is here. David Smith breaks down what every driver needs to advance to the Round 12, and throws in some stats that may surprise you. (The playoff driver with highest crash rate? Stunning) | READ MORE
• Every year a driver most fans and pundits project to be eliminated in the Round of 16 surprises us by advancing to the Round of 12 … and sometimes even the Round of 8. Zack Albert and Chase Wilhelm debate who fits the bill this year. | READ MORE
• Now more than ever, we’re seeing more last-lap passes for the win, a byproduct of NASCAR’s playoffs format. Matt Crossman identifies six unwritten rules that drivers try to follow … even though it doesn’t always work out that way. | READ MORE
• The “Big 3” of Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick and Martin Truex Jr. all are favored to make the Championship 4. But will it actually happen? Or will one get bounced before the title race? Zack Albert and Chase Wilhelm debate. | READ MORE
• Beyond just your own performance, drivers have to be wary of others around them. Why? They can make your playoffs hell according to Kyle Busch, who called out a driver for doing just that in 2017. | WATCH VIDEO
• Playoff emojis are back! See how to engage on another level with your favorite playoff driver. | SEE THEM ALL