The first evening of the 2022 Chilly Willy at Tucson Speedway is in the books.
Three classes — Super Late Models, Legends and Legends / Pro & Masters — took to the 0.375-mile oval Friday night, with the evening culminating in the A Features for the Super Late Models.
All of the action at the Chilly Willy is building up to Sunday’s main event, the Super Late Models Chilly Willy 150.
Below are the takeaways from Friday’s action.
- Preston Peltier of Brighton, Colorado, proved to be the Super Late Model driver to beat Friday night at Tucson. He topped the division’s qualifying run by 0.2 seconds over second-place Tyler Tanner, putting Peltier on the pole for the A Feature 1. Peltier won that feature from the pole.
- Blaine Rocha, Edward Vecchiarelli, Kody Vanderwal and Rudy Vanderwal rounded out the top five of the Super Late Models A Feature 1. Vecchiarelli was able to pass Kody Vanderwal after starting fourth.
- Tanner finished second in the Super Late Models A Feature 2 after getting passed by Dustin Ash, who had finished third in the qualifier before winning his feature. Brett Yackey, Ross Strmiska and Dylan Jones rounded out the top five in the Super Late Models A Feature 2.
- Sean Hingorani of Newport Coast, California, put together a perfect night in the Legends division at Tucson on Friday. He topped the qualifying chart before starting and finishing first in Heat 1. He then won the feature race after starting on the pole.
- Bryceton Meyer, Ethan Nascimento, Chasen Groff and Nathan Quella rounded out the top five in the Legends A Feature race.
- In the Legends / Pro & Masters division, Jake Bohlman and Jaron Giannini finished first and second, respectively, in qualifying. And they finished the same in Heat 1. Then Giannini flipped the script on Bohlman to win the feature race. Levie Jones, Jordan Holloway and Andy Hulcy rounded out the top five.
The 2022 Chilly Willy action continues Saturday beginning at 3 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. MT on FloRacing.