Championship Hub: NASCAR tripleheader at Phoenix Raceway
Everything you need to know for the 2022 NASCAR national series championship races this weekend, including breaking news and race results.
Championship 4 drivers: Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Christopher Bell and Ross Chastain
2021 champion: Kyle Larson
Approximate start time: Sunday, Nov. 6 at 3 p.m. ET
TV/Radio: NBC, Peacock, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio
The purse: $10,542,284
Forecast: Sunny, with a high near 77 degrees, according to NOAA.gov | Weather tracker
Race distance: 312 laps | 312 miles
Stages: 60 | 185 | 312
Phoenix 101: Get the full lowdown
Starting lineup: Where drivers will start Sunday
Inspection: Nos. 7, 17 and 78 failed twice (crew member ejected)
Pit stalls: See where drivers will pit Sunday
Championship race: Saturday, Nov. 5
2022 champion: Ty Gibbs, driver of the No. 54 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota
RELATED: More on Gibbs’ title run | Full race recap, highlights
Other Championship 4 drivers: Noah Gragson, Justin Allgaier and Josh Berry
NXS news: Get up to speed
Championship race: Friday, Nov. 4
2022 champion: Zane Smith, driver of the No. 38 Front Row Motorsports Ford
RELATED: More on Zane Smith’s 2022 title run | Full Phoenix finale race recap
Other Championship 4 drivers: Ty Majeski, Ben Rhodes and Chandler Smith
More NCWTS news: Get up to speed
Key things to know 🔑
The final race of the Next Gen’s debut season is upon us with a whirlwind of story lines attached to each of the very strong contenders. Joey Logano and Chase Elliott are vying to be the next two-time champion of the premier series, while Christopher Bell and Ross Chastain are trying to cap off incredible underdog stories. Either way it shakes out, the eventual champion will have a strong resumé after maneuvering through a season that featured a revamped schedule, 19 different winners (for now) and learning a brand-new car. Logano and Elliott both know what it takes to put on a clutch performance to win a championship, most recently proven by Elliott’s marvelous 2020 title run. But neither Bell nor Chastain have won at Phoenix Raceway before, so will either of their Martinsville momentum be enough to carry them to their first Bill France Cup?
Race-day staples ✅
Our biggest pieces of the week — get covered for race day from all angles.
• At-track photos: Top shots from Phoenix Raceway | Read more
• Paint Scheme Preview: Final schemes of the 2022 season | Pick a favorite
• Power Rankings: How each of the 12 Championship 4 drivers stack up | Read more
• End of season goodbyes: What we are missing after 2022 season | Read more
• Silly Season: Catch up on driver, team changes | Read more
• Stay tuned in: Full weekend results, schedule and more | View schedule here
• Playoff Hub: More information for all three series | See more here
Catch the pack 💨
Read up on the top headlines from the week leading up this weekend’s finales.
• Crew chiefs speak: Hear from the Championship 4 crew chiefs after practice | Read more
• Kyle Busch Motorsports: Organization announces 2023 driver lineup | Read more
• All eyes on Ross: Chastain still in the spotlight after Martinsville move | Read more
• Title two?: Chase Elliott and Joey Logano eye second championship | Read more
• Bell focused: Despite obscure status, Christopher Bell remains confident | Read more
• Legend speaks: Kyle Petty sounds off on ‘punk move’ by Ty Gibbs | Listen here | Joe Gibbs’ take
• Bowman’s back: Hendrick Motorsports driver returns to action | Read more
• Reddick also returns: Tyler Reddick cleared to race Sunday in Phoenix | Read more
• Gragson talks about Gibbs: Listen to what No. 9 said on Media Day | Read more
• Truck Series winners: Top drivers by wins in Camping World era | View them here
• Seven-time champs team up: Jimmie Johnson joins Petty GMS Racing as owner/driver | Read more
• Sheldon Creed: Driver will return to RCR for the 2023 season | Read more
• New track president: Phoenix Raceway names Latasha Causey as leader | Read more
Fast facts ⏩
Hard-hitting, race-relevant statistics, brought to you by the experts at Racing Insights.
• Cup Series: The last seven Phoenix races were won by different drivers.
• Cup: Nine of the last 10 Phoenix races were won from a top-10 starting position.
• Cup: Nineteen different winners in 2022 is tied for the most all-time.
Cup Series check-in 🛎️
Exclusive NASCAR Cup Series content to get you ready to crown the first champion of the Next Gen era.
Making the case 👨⚖️
Analyzing what makes each driver a good bet to win the title on Sunday.
• Why Joey Logano will win the Cup Series championship
• Why Christopher Bell will win the Cup Series championship
• Why Ross Chastain will win the Cup Series championship
• Why Chase Elliott will win the Cup Series championship
• Ranking Championship 4 contenders based on numbers
Get in on the action 💰
Think you know NASCAR? Put your mettle to the test with gaming, fantasy.
• Fantasy Fastlane: Championship 4 are a must for season finale | Top plays, sleepers
• Betting odds: Favorites, long shots to win Sunday at Phoenix | See the favorite
• Let’s make a bet: Analyzing which driver has the best value | Read more
• The Action Network: Best matchup bet for Phoenix race | Expert analysis
• Play it LIVE: Full guide to 2022 NASCAR Fantasy Live game | New rules for playoffs
• Going all the way: 2022 Cup Series championship odds | See them here
Reaching the pinnacle 🏆
A driver’s highest achievement in stock car racing is becoming a Cup Series champion.
• Starting hot: Drivers with fewest starts before first championship | Learn more
• Title-race history: Complete list of drivers with Championship 4 appearances | See them here
• Master strategists: Crew chiefs to win title with multiple drivers | Full list
• First time’s the charm: Drivers to win championship in first appearance | Short list